Here Is How Sleeping Late At Night Can Kill Your Career


Hello guys, it’s your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

I believe so many Africans are ready to neglect nights of sleep with the belief that money does not sleep, but as your favorite health blogger, I am going to tell you that doing this might just leave you broke in the long run.

If you go with the motto “money does not sleep” and you spend your life chasing it, then you might not get to sleep or even be healthy when you finally get your slack.

If you don’t want to take my word on this you can take it from someone is an international best-seller, a LinkedIn influencer and the Chief Executive at Advanced Performance Institute, Benard Marr (sounds like I was introducing Danerys right?).

Marr said in a LinkedIn post

You may think that burning the midnight oil and staying constantly busy is good for your career — but you might be seriously damaging your career — and your health”.

Stress, among other things, increases the risk of heart disease by 40 percent, risk of heart attack by 25 percent and risk of stroke by 50 percent.

“Many people thrive on stress and love the buzz that comes with it, but ignore the effect it has on their physical and mental wellbeing.

I was once and still is a workaholic, I barely slept and believed that the time I spent sleeping and goofing around, I could use it to enhance my productivity.

Guess what? It worked, I was working twice as fast and progressed even faster. Sadly, I forgot that there are side effects to everything and mine was deadly.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

Turns out that all I was gaining from losing sleep was short-term productivity and my productivity levels were beginning to drop faster than they went up.

I had mood swings, headaches, I found it hard to focus, I got easily frustrated and stressed up with the smallest mistakes and setbacks (and I’m the patient guy).

Sleep deprivation made it harder for me to access higher-level brain functions for days to come. Imagine a college student who does not know what x + x is anymore.

LinkedIn influencer and President of Talent Smart Travis Bradberry completely agrees with this and in his own words.

The negative effects of sleep deprivation are so great that people who are drunk outperform those lacking sleep.

Those late nights you keep to garner ideas and improve your business, or watch movies, or read a book or to finish the latest episode of the Game of Thrones are not really helping you.

Get enough sleep, as you require your brain do a lot of mental work that is required for business growth and success and there is no way to make yourself more intelligent than to get some shut-eye.

So there you have it.

No comments