TOUCHING STORY:- The Life I Didn’t Wish For (Episode 10) [Intermission]

I wanted her to look up at me but I think she was drown in her thought. What could my daughter be thinking of??I wish I could read her mind so to ease her pain, I wish I could make her pain go away, I wanted to tell her that I’m never going to leave even if I’mnot sure if I’m going to last longer.I feel like I’m dead already.

I feel like I’ll be going anytime soon but I still have the faith that no one will take my place. I feel so weak and lifeless. I just want to be strong for my children, for my daughter.She’s going into an adult world, I want to be there for her. I’m going to fight for my life, for my children. I’m not leaving themI couldn’t stop crying, I’m the one who knows how it feels to be in this much pain.

 I wish I could explain, but it’s unexplainable.Oh my poor girl! She’s too emotional. Even if I tell her I’ll be Fine, she wouldn’t believe me.A day without her isn’t going to be easy not to talk of forever. Who’s goingto take care of my children? My boy is too young to understand this and Sholape is too young to experience this much hardship.I’ve always imagined me not been around them for a long time.

We would talk about how much they were going to suffer and who will take care of them. Sholape will start crying already, saying; “mummy it’s never going to happen”.I hope she doesn’t think our little imagination will come to past. My poor daughter! I thought to myself.I watched as she buried her head in my chest sobbing uncontrollably, my auntyhelped my mum up, she staggered at that cause, and the support was doubled.

.My uncle joined in assisting her up. I started to ask myself when did my mum become someone that cannot stand on her own??She used to be strong, the word strong is now a once upon a time thing in her life.This woman standing in front of me isn’t my mother that I use to know. My aunt’s voice got me out of my thought when she said; “Sholape, we’ll keep you informed”.Gosh! That statement travelled down my spine.

Something in me triggered, I felt like my whole world is crumbling around me.Something isn’t right but I don’t know what it is. At this time, I was thinking, my aunt and her siblings were out of sight. Immediately, I took to my heels.Thank God I found them. If I wasn’t out early they would have been far gone.

They were about entering the cab when I called out Mummy! She turned back to look at me, I wonder why she didn’t say Goodbye when she was leaving.I went closer to give her a hug not caring if she’s weak for it or not. Something kept telling me that was my last hug. She held on to me also, Maybe she was having the same thought. At this moment, I was the only onecrying not her.She looked like she had accepted her faith.

She pulled away from me and wipedmy tears. Giving me a weak smile that I didn’t mind at all when she said; “I’ll be back, everything is going to be okay”.Life is such an irony, I was the one telling her “Everything is going to be okay” now she’s saying it to me. I smiled and answered “surely mom, everything is going to be okay”.

She smiled and went straight into the car (cab). I wanted to stop her, I wanted to tell her to fight, that she’s strong and not weak.She shouldn’t leave us. All I heard was the zoom of a car, they were gone. My mum was gone.I was in the room with my brother Sukanmi trying to get him a polo so he could catch up with the other children in the compound while they have their study time.

Seems my mum left for the hospital like they said, I’ve not heard from her, It’s either she’s asleep or she can’t talk right now.My Mother! I can’t even wait to share this joy with her. I’d completed my examination few days after she left, I’m so happy.Kayode already told me not be worried about her that she’ll be fine and we’d go check up on her over the weekend.

Even though it’s a day to the weekend, I can’t wait to see her and tell her everything in her absence.I also want to give her a big hug while she says “oo ni pami”(you won’t killme) like she always says with a huge smile on her face.I pictured her smiling, hoping I’ll see more of that when I get to see her soon.

I laughed at my thoughts moving my head at our good memories. Sukanmi immediately shouted“Aunty Sholape I want water”..I said “put on your shorts while I get you water”He pouted and said be fast..I rolled my eyes at him asking myself when my mother will come for her sonas I am tired of his drama.

I was about leaving for the kitchen when I heard a knock on the door and voices following the knock saying Mi o ro pe o wa ni le (I don’t think she’shome) another knock followed just almost immediately as I yelled hold on fromthe other hand.
I walked faster to see who was at the door. I was amazed at the sight in front of me as it was my Mother’s siblings,
 two of her brothers, two other women,Aunty Adunni who’s my mum closest sister and who asked for my permission to take my mother to the hospital, some men I’ve not seen before or perhaps I’ve seen them, or I just don’t recognize them anymore, some neighbors and of course my father.

I smiled greeting all of them equally not regarding the fact that my father was there. They all replied giving me a sympathetic look.Aunty Adunni who I’ve grown to know didn’t even bother replying.

She was just looking like she was lost in a jungle.I manage to say come in! Thinking to myself why so much people? Last I checked, it wasn’t my birthday, and even if it was, all these people won’t be present especially my daddy.I was thinking so hard but then again could they be here because of my mother? “rara oo”, I thought to myself.

Don’t let me jump into conclusions.I was about asking for an answer to their presence when one woman whom I’ve not seen in a long time whom I’m assuming to be my dad’s relative said; “Pele Sholape”,I said “yes ma” she was about to talk when tears started pouring down her eyes. Another voice yelled! “Stop crying o jere”, there’s no how she won’t find out let’s just break the news to her.

Are these people joking? What news are they breaking and why is she crying??I wanted an answer so bad.Who will I ask?? I can’t ask Aunty Adunni, she’s looking like a vegetable, Idefinitely can’t ask my dad, her brothers were busy moving their head. The other woman won’t stop crying.

Just when I was about to ask why my mother isn’t with them, Sukanmi cameshouting “Aunty Sholape I’ve worn my shorts, where’s my water”? They all focused on him and started crying in unison saying; “death has ruined the wealthy home”.Oh no! What are these people saying?? I stood up went straight to Aunty Adunni who was here to take my mother to the hospital.“Aunty Adunni, where’s my mum”??They all looked up at me saying “Sholape be patient, your mother is dead”!!!STAY UPDATED!!!

No comments